1. maWatermarker features
1. maWater- marker features
- - Define relative position & size of watermark
- - Insert dynamically: EXIF creation date, EXIF user comment, width, height
- - Apply subtle embossed text watermark
- - Fill text watermark with a reflection of the original image
- - Apply filters on watermark image
- - Apply fade out transition on watermark image
- - Apply image watermark as a pattern ("pattern" checkbox under "Filter" tab)
- - X/Y offset
- - Rotation angle
- - Opacity
- - Shadow (color, X/Y offset, radius)
- - Font (type, size, color, style, alignment, kerning, leading, underline, outline)
- - Process photos based on orientation: landscape, portrait, square
- - Rename watermarked images in one run, by using 'c-actions'
c-actions can be created by maFileRenamer
- - Store the watermarked pictures as: JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PDF, JP2, BMP & GIF
2. maWatermarker usage
2. maWater- marker usage
MaWatermarker can be used as a light weight picture viewer, with slideshow functionality.
- Basic image manipulation, such as: rotate left/right; flip horizontal/vertical
- - Save picture in browser as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PDF, JP2, BMP & GIF
- - Store your settings in presets for later use
- - Simulation mode: life simulation of your properties adjustments
- - 'Process' checkbox makes it possible to process photos in a selective way
2.a. How to access the included pattern images
- Open maWatermarker
- Go to the application "Preferences"
- Choose a your library location, where maWatermarker2 will store the patterns. Can also be on iCloud.
- Close the Preferences panel
- Click the "image" tab
- Select "Pattern" on the popup button under the "Choose image" button
- Click "Choose image": you can now select one of the 30+ patterns !
2.b. What can you do with included pattern images
If you make use of the pattern images, you can play with the 'Render' method in the 'Opacity' tab, for example: 'darker', 'lighter'... etc and/or with with a 'Filter type' in the 'Filter' tab.
If you want to repeat the image on the whole surface of the photo, do not forget to check the checkbox: 'Pattern'(!)An example:
Pattern images can be used to protect and cover the whole surface of your photo with a - possibly subtle transparant - structure.
Pattern images can also be used to prepare your picture as a background image, for whatever purpose.
2.c. More and more integrated with our other applications
You can share easily watermarks and patterns between maWatermarker and maGalleryCreator.
Integration of c-actions, exported from maFileRenamer and imported in maWatermarker.
Go to the application "Preferences..." -> "Choose library location"
maWatermarker will check if there already exist a "MoonApp_SupportFiles" folder on that location.
If not: maWatermarker will create this structure.
If it is: maWatermarker will use this structure to store and access watermarks, patterns and c-actions.
If you have multiple workstations, the best way is to go for a cloud storage solution, for example: iCloud®.
As long as it is accessible from Apple's Finder®, it will be accessible for maWatermarker, maGalleryCreator, maFileRenamer,...
2.d. Did you know?
3. What's new in maWatermarker 4?
3. What's new in maWater- marker 4?
- - Bug fix on fade out angle field.
- - Memory usage optimization.
- - Performance boost and repairs a memory leak.
- - A more intuitive user interface.
- - User interface aligned with maPhotoResizer, maGalleryCreator and piQtility
- - An enhanced iCloud support
- - Process photos based on orientation
- - An enchanced iPhone photo support
- - Code enhancements to make maWatermarker even more future proof
macOS Ventura compatible version.
Full support on c-actions generated by maFileRenamer 1.4.0 and higher.
macOS Monterey related: Fix on showing meta data of loaded photo.
Maintenance update, enhancements:
- - Performance boost on text watermark preview generation
- - On photo view performance
- - On 'open' command, when the user finally does not select any new photos, the current photo selection will be kept
Major upgrade, NEW:
- - 'emboss' effect with free color option
- - 'photo reflect' effect
- - 'photo reflect BW' effect
- - Circular fade out (invert)
- - Extended file renaming by c-actions support
- - fade out effect
- - pattern rotation
- - GUI (ex. progress bar)
- - central management of 'watermark images', 'patterns' and 'c-actions'
- - code
- - Visibility of watermark position control
Maintenance update, fix:
10 Fresh Christmas patternsTo make your own Christmas cards!
- - for macOS Big Sur users: meta data of loaded photo is shown correctly again
Maintenance update, fixes:
- - custom shadow color in combination with text emboss effect
- - default text shadow color
- - default text color
- - default image shadow color
- - Polished application GUI
- - The ability to insert new variables:
file name, dpi, color model, color profile, color depth
- - Improved "fade out" effect
- - Filter size (dot, line, circle screen): replace fixed size with free input field
(more freedom with multiple image resolutions or pixel sizes)
- - Multiple "Render methods" are also available for build in patterns
- - 7 new "Render methods": more creativity on watermark images as well as pattern images
- - On "Simulation mode": a new preview is only created if a parameter has really been changed
- - Text leading in "Pattern" mode is properly calculated
- - Manually entered scale factor in image browser window is working properly again
- - Print job does not cause an application crash if no photo has been opened by maWatermarker
- - Multiple fixes for saving and restoring presets.
(!) Attention to current users:
to access the latest pattern versions, select your current Library location in the maWatermarker 'Preferences' again.
10 new patterns:
- China1; China2; CopyRight1; Flower1; Flower2; Japan1; Japan2; Japan3; Tile1; Tile2
- On image watermark: when you apply a pattern with the size property: "of destination image size", it is shown correctly now. Multiple code enhancements in preparation to the new macOS Big Sur.
(!) Attention to current users:
to access those new patterns, rename your current pattern folder and reset the pattern folder in the maWatermarker preferences.
- Apply embosed text watermark
- Effect: gold, silver, red, green and blue.
- - Improvements on text watermark rotation.
- - Minor GUI enhancements.