- Strip a number of characters from the left/right
- Remove specific character(s)
- Remove character(s) from position X to position Y
- Remove text fragment before or after a given string, string excluded or included
- Allow alpha numeric characters or only letters
- Transform to lowercase or uppercase
- Replace character(s) from position X to position Y by other characters
- Find text and replace by...
- Add prefix/postfix
- Add picture meta data such as: pixel height, pixel width, creation date, modification date, exposure, colorspace ...
- Starting from a certain number
- Prefix or postfix the number
- Number of digits used
- Numbering before or after the filename
- Sort the files from A to Z or from Z to A
- Make a text file on each line: the current name of the file + separator (ex. semicolon, comma, tab) + the futur name of the file (File extension included!)
- Set the destination folder, load the text files you want to rename
- maFileRenamer can also run in simulation mode, which allows you to preview the file renaming.
- If you point your destintion folder to the original file folder and apply the "Allow overwrite" checkbox, you will be able to apply file renaming on the original file. By default maFileRenamer applies the file renaming on a copy of the file in case you should do something by mistake.
- maFileRenamer let you store your file rename settings in the presets database, so you can reuse them easily later on.
- maFileRenamer can keep a log file (menu: Window -> Log Preferences). This can become very handy if for some reason a few days later you notice that you have to roll back. With the help of the text file based renaming option of maFileRenamer.
- Meta data such as FSCreationDate: adjusted to your mac's time zone
- 'Show in Finder' function
- Code optimization
- Presets "Add prefix" and "Add postfix" are restored correctly.