For all people who need to rename lots of files
on regular bases.
For all mac users who need a powerful renaming tool and easy in use.
Which features can you expect:
- strip a number of characters from the left/right
- remove specific character(s)
- remove character(s) from position x to position y
- remove text fragment before or after a given string, string excluded or included
- allow alpha numeric characters or only letters
- transform to lowercase
- transform to uppercase
- replace character(s) from position x to position y by other characters
- find text and replace by...
- add prefix/postfix
- add picture meta data such as: pixel height, pixel width, creation date, modification date, exposure, colorspace,...
- starting from a certain number
- prefix or postfix the number
- number of digits used
- numbering before or after the filename
- sort the files before: from A to Z or from Z to A
Text file based:
- make a text file with on each line,
the actual name of the file
followed by a ';'
followed by the new name.
File extension included !
- set the destination folder, load the text file, select the files you want to rename.
maFileRenamer can create easily a text file of all the file names of selected files. This text file can be the starting point of creating the file rename text file.
IN ADDITION: :
- maFileRenamer® can also run in simulation mode,
which allows you to preview the file renaming.
- if you point your destination folder to the original file folder and apply the "Allow overwrite" checkbox
you will be able to apply file renaming on the original file.
By default maFileRenamer® apply file renaming on a copy of the file (just in case, you should do something by mis take).
- maFileRenamer® let you store your file rename settings in presets database, so you can reuse them easily later on.
- maFileRenamer® can keep a log file (menu: Window -> Log Preferences).
c-actions are tasks which you can run in Centurion®.
Those actions makes Centurion even more powerful.
With Centurion you are able to set up a flow with automatic renaming capability.
How to create a c-action ?
You can create a c-action using maFileRenamer®:
- install maFileRenamer on the system where you run Centurion.
- configure your renaming options in maFileRenamer. - click the button.
to export a c-action file.
What can you do with c-actions ?
You can rename files, using options as: strip, replace, prefix and postfix.
Import c-actions in Centurion®, and load the c-actions in the order you like to execute them.
Import c-actions as much as you want if you need to repeat the action multiple times.
This makes Centurion® an unique and extremely powerful file mover/file renamer !
The reason why we can keep our prices low, see ad below: